Mouse not working properly? Have a laptop, and can not control with trackpad? Feedup with two hand control ? All you need is just to try the shortcut and boom, life seems to be in the best place! This is one of the most famous computer life hack! Enjoy 🙂
Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows:-
- Windows Key + Left – Snap current window to the left side of the screen.
- Windows Key + Right – Snap current window the the right side of the screen.
- Windows Key + Up – Snap current window to the top of the screen.
- Windows Key + Down – Snap current window to the bottom of the screen.
- Windows Key + D – Shows Desktop
- Windows Key + 1 (2/3/…) – Open programs that are pinned to taskbar as per the number 1, 2 or 3…
- Windows Key + Tab – Shows all the open windows in the pc in a better war, than above. Use mouse or arrow keys to choose. ( Task View ).
- Windows Key + X – Opens Start button context menu (same as right click on Windows/Start button.)
- Windows Key + L – Locks the device.
- Windows Key + I – Opens Settings.
- Windows Key + R – Opens Run window.
- Windows Key + H – Shares screenshot of the current window.
- Windows Key + , – Temporarily shows desktop
- Windows Key + PrtScn(Print Screen) – Captures screenshot and saves in :This PC\Pictures\Screenshots
- F2 – Rename a file or folder.
- Alt + F4 – Close current window [If you’re on your Desktop, opens Power dialogue menu (shut down, restart, Windows, sleep mode, sign out)].
- Alt + Tab – Shows all the open windows in the pc. Hold Alt and click Tab key repeatedly to switch between windows, release both, when done
- Ctrl + V or Shift + Insert – Pastes text at the cursor.
- Ctrl + C or Ctrl + Insert – Copies the selected text to the clipboard.
- Ctrl + A – Select all text in the current line if the line contains text. If it’s an empty line, select all text in the Command Prompt.
- Ctrl + M – Minimises active page into Taskbar
There are many more, but these are the ones, I yhink are most important in Windows OS.
Comming to text editors, like MS Word, or any other Office applications, in that case, or any other place like WordPress, Blogspot, etc., where we need to write docs, these following keybord will make you day:
- Ctrl + B – Makes the selection bold/unbold
- Ctrl + C – Copies a selection
- Ctrl + I – Makes the selection italic/unitalic
- Ctrl + U – Makes the selection underline/no-underline
- Ctrl + V- Pastes a seclection
- Ctrl + X – Cuts a selection (Deletes From View, But Kept in Clipboard)
- Ctrl + Z – Undo
I am still a noob to Linux. So not including them here. Later I will make another post for that. 🙂